Thursday, July 3, 2008

Herbs planted!

This is the kitchen showing the oven that needs replacing - this is a lisitng photo... a 'before', if you will.



We had a productive evening last night. I got the herbs planted, I emptied the clothing boxes that I could find, and I removed the last of the wallpaper border. H primed all the dark green paint in the office. That's a big ole CHECK on the to-do list!

I don't know if we'll be heading over there tonight or not. I was exhausted this morning, so my brain wasn't functioning properly. I did not get anything prepped for dinner tonight before leaving for work, so I'm not sure how this will work out.

I'd like to get the balance of the garden planted. I still have a few of the seeds that I'd planned out on Tuesday to get into the ground. I'd also like to get another row of corn planted...and maybe some beans as well. That is a pretty big job though as it'll require some weeding/tilling of the area under the black plastic, so perhaps that's better left until the weekend.

I don't like having things so disorganized. I feel like I'm spending too much time spinning my wheels because things are EVERYWHERE. In fact, I think that one of my goals for this weekend will be to set up an area for 'yard sale' items. That way, I can feel like I'm getting organized as I open boxes and stuff. Ugh - its so overwhelming.

I think we need to decide which weekend we want to rent a truck and make the final move. I guess a lot of that is dependent on how much work we get done this weekend and next week. I know I posted this before, but I'm doing it again to make me feel better!

Goals for long weekend:

  1. paint office
  2. paint master bedroom
  3. prime master bath
  4. paint kitchen
  5. paint laundry room
  6. build chicken coop
  7. plant more corn
  8. build compost bin
  9. set up yard sale area/pile

No comments: