Thursday, July 24, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

I threw a mini internal temper tantrum last night. I say 'internal' because I pretty much kept it to myself, but I think I was just getting cranky. H is heavily researching the purchase of a goat. He's picked out one he wants to buy this weekend. We don't even have any fencing up yet! I threw the tantrum because I feel like we are 1) moving too fast (the kitchen isn't even fully unpacked yet!) and 2) that he's doing all the 'good' stuff while I'm relagated to cooking dinner and unpacking. I know that's not entirely true (I did do the whole garden), but I've been tired and frustrated with work, so it just all kind of hit me at once. I really hope that a very productive weekend will help me feel better.

There is just so much to do! Besides getting the goat and starting some fencing, I'd like to get the kitchen completely unpacked, get my closet unpacked and organized, get the garage cleaned up and organized and lastly, to get the laundry room in order. I may want to hold off on painting in there until after the summer weather passes us by...in the interest of getting started on the outside of the house. Same holds true for the dinning room which also can wait. Oh, I'd also like to get the base board back up on the wall in the basement office so that we can move some furniture into that room. That'll free up some room to move in the rest of the basement so that the unpacking can continue. Lastly, I'd like to buy some local blueberries to do some freezing and some raspberries to try my hand at jam. Oh, and I'd like to get to the skeet range to start my instruction on shooting the shotgun. Think that's enough items for one weekend? Man...country living is time consuming! ;-)

The South Beach diet is going well. Tomorrow is my second week weigh in. I've been eating whole grains and fruits this week, but I've steered clear of all processed food and all sugar. I feel much better than I did last week, but I'm definitely still craving sugar. I should have done two weeks of phase 1, I just didn't think I could handle it. I hope that I show continued loss when I step on the scale in the morning. Biking to work will definitely help in this arena. Unfortunately, I had an early meeting at which I was presenting this morning, so I didn't want to bike in for fear of delays. My goal is to bike to work 2 days (both ways) next week and then 3 days the following week.

No comments: