Tuesday, July 15, 2008

1 day and 5 boxes - done!

So yesterday was my first day on Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet (SDB). So far, so good. It always amazes me when I start eating better how much more in control I feel. Seeing as how I tend towards being a control freak in everyday life, you'd think I'd remember this and stay on track. Anyway, I did well and already feel less bloated today. Day 2 is underway!

Last night, after hitting the grocery store (where we added 25lbs of rice and a case of 1/2 pint wide mouth jars to our preps), I forced myself to start packing. I spent way too much time looking for the stupid packing tape, but once I found it, got to work. I packed up 5 big boxes of stuff. Tonight my goal is another 5 boxes (I have to be reasonable - tonight we head to the house for some more painting, too!). I really don't enjoy this...particularly since it's only been a few months since I last unpacked these boxes, but it has to be done. Ugh.

The good news is that the weather is forecast to be good on Saturday for our moving day.

No comments: