Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Country Truck


Last night, we bought a truck. Our plan is to sell our Prius, since they are fetching such amazing prices right now, and live on one car. We talked about buying either a trailer to use with the Matrix, or maybe buying a truck. Yesterday, I found a good truck option on Craigslist. It was actually barely more than buying a new trailer, and it has the extra benefit of being a nice 'emergency' vehicle should the Matrix need service or should H and I need to go separate ways for a business trip or something.

Basically, we'll use the Matrix for everything, bike to work, and only use the truck when we have something to haul. It's a 1987 Dodge Dakota - so it gets ok mileage (not being a very big truck). It's a V-6 and its in nice shape. It's also the type of car that H can easily do the work on...so that'll be nice.

The Prius will be listed later this week. I need to take some photos and clean out the interior (dog slobber and fur are not conducive to a sale!), and then I'll list it. Since we still owe money on it, I'm not sure how that'll work, but we'll figure it out. H will hit the DMV later this week to get the truck title transferred into our name, so that'll be official.

We commuted to work by bike today. First time since the move! I didn't have a computer installed on my bike, so I don't know the exact distance, but we left the house at 6:40 and I was showered and at my desk by 8:25. Not bad! It was a pretty good commute and the weather was nice. I'm looking forward to the ride home even more. :-)

No comments: