Friday, August 8, 2008

A new addition!

This is our new goat, Buddy! He's a Pygora goat with B-type fleece.

His face is just adorable.


Here H is holding him. He seems to tolerate us well enough. Hopefully over time, he will come to actually like us!

Today I had an all day seminar at work. As the seminar is just beginning, I received a message from H on my voicemail. When we had our first break at 10:30 am, I was finally able to listen to it. His message said that he was headed over to the Pygora goat breeder right away because they were going out of town for the weekend. I called him right immediately and lo and behold...we now have a second goat!!

Yep, we are now the proud owners of a cute little Pygora goat wether. We are debating on a name for him, but we think we've settled on Buddy. He's got chocolate brown legs and face, and his body/fleece is a light grey color. He was born in March, so he's only 5 months old. Sassafras is pushing him around quite a bit (head butting and light biting) and he's a bit timid of us still. He does follow Sass around though...I think he's used to a close-knit goat herd, so hopefully she'll accept him soon.

I didn't get to meet him until late this evening, so it was too dark to get a good picture. I'll take some tomorrow and post then (along with new chick photos - they are getting big!!).

No comments: