Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A quick hello!

Our cherry trees are blooming!


I just wanted to drop in and say a quick 'hello!'. Last week (the day after my last post, actually) I was assigned a new part at work that is beating me down. Another member of my group couldn't meet the demands, so they gave it to me. Ugh. It's been keeping me hopping, that's for sure.

This past weekend we finally got our new fridge and oven (yay for being more energy efficient!!) and we started the massive project of reworking our garden beds. This entails weeding them, shoveling out the soil, relocating them, shoveling the soil back in and adding more, building new boxes and filling those with soil (which is mixed using peat moss, compost and pumice), and laying a ton of weed cloth. Lastly, the aisles between the boxes are getting filled with large river rock, so we have to get one truck load at a time and shovel that into it's respective places. We did this on Sunday (mostly) in the POURING rain. Literally, downpouring almost the whole time we were out there! We got it almost done before we had to call it quits and try to dry off. At least we can now get our onion sets planted and many of our seedlings now have a place to go when we get to plant them this coming weekend. I did take photos - but they are still in the camera (well, no 'afters' yet since it was raining too hard).

The goat babies are doing well. Tomorrow we start milking Sass for our own use (we will share with the babies for the next 6 weeks and then they get weaned). I'm just thrilled that we got a nice sturdy shelf installed in the goat shed (out of goat reach) so that we have a place to store the brush, the goat wipes and any other misc. items. The silliest little things make me happy! ;-)

I promise to post more later this week once I've had a chance to catch up.

No comments: