Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Crossroads



My life is at a crossroads. Not the typical crossroads that one might expect. This is not about a marriage, a birth, a death...or even a major decision. This is about the past meeting up with the future in the here and now. My vision of what the future will hold has been mighty bleak the last few months. In the past few days, I've realized how much I'm letting it adversely affect my present. I need a cliche 'attitude adjustment'. ;-) It's time I accepted what's to come, and took positive steps towards embracing it. This blog marks my attempt to do so in a forward-thinking and yet positive manner.

So, what exactly am I talking about? The easier question might be what am I not talking about! I'm not talking about a new love. I'm not talking about getting pregnant. I'm not talking about going back to school or making a career change (well, not intentionally anyway). If I were to have started this blog six months ago, I'd be talking about merely survival. Now I'm talking about simplifying life down to the basics. Will this ensure survival? Maybe. Will this ensure happiness? Maybe. Will it ensure improved sustainablity and personal nutrition? Most definitely.

Hence the name of this blog - a simple metamorphosis. My husband and I will be making the journey to morph from a North Carolina suburban D.I.N.K couple to sharing the simple life on a sustainable homestead in the Pacific Northwest. It seems overwhelming and exciting all at the same moment. This is a positive journey. The purpose of this blog is to help me focus on the positive changes we will be making (and our challenges in making them) so that the future will seem less daunting. Come along with us for the ride...

No comments: